It took me a total of 17 hours and 15 minutes. I used to be such a fast reader..
And I took hat-eating pictures.
Then I had to watch Gladiator again and then go to guitar. o.o
AND NOW. I'm here with a post you probably don't want to read. :D
So, with everything everyone was saying about the book, I expected to thoroughly hate it, but I didn't, thankfully.
But.. the thing with all other HP books (except maybe the first and/or fourth) is that they had the ability to really, really capture my attention. It'd be 3 in the morning and I wouldn't be able to put it down, even when I was re-reading it for the hundredth time.
The first half of DH entirely lacked that. It was boring. The second half was amazing and very JKR-ish, though. Sure, predictable, sure, cliche. But it was still good.
Even chapters like the Prince's Tale I enjoyed, even though I had thought I'd hate it. So that was really good.
Some things just seemed out-of-place, though.
- I never quite imagined I'd read about Ron giving Harry a book on seducing wizards (though it brought me many lulz when Harry complimented Mrs Weasley's cake and Ron gave him the thumbsup, mouthing "good one").
- "Merlin's most baggy Y-fronts". Enough said. o.o;; And all other variation's of "Merlin's beard".
- I was extremely glad that Harry didn't actually accio Hagrid, though. That would've been horrible.
- I don't understand how Harry was unable to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix after she killed Sirius, but was able to use it when someone spat in McGonagall's face. Not only that, Harry then said he understood what Bellatrix had meant about having to mean the curse.
- I could see Narcissa defying Voldemort for the sake of Draco, but I just can't see Lucius doing that...
- Y HALO THAR IMMA HISS AND MEBBE TEH CHAMBAR WILL OPEN
- Giving Dobby a nice long burial with great detail on how Harry feels about it, and then not even mentioning how Lupin, main character since PoA, died?
And speaking of Lupin everyone kept going on about how OOC he was. I don't really get it.
People kept making fun of his little speeches that went something like, "It is I, Remus John Lupin, werewolf, married to Nymphadora Tonks, occasionally known as Moony ... "
He said "it is I" the second time, and that was pretty lame (as opposed to the "I am Remus John Lupin" he used the first time), but otherwise, he was simply proving that it was actually him and not an imposter. o.o
About leaving Tonks and his kid, well, he figured he wasn't enough for them. Lupin's used to being criticized and looked down on by everyone. He's used to feeling like a lower human, and he realized he was not only bringing Tonks down, but putting her in danger. I dunno, it didn't seem very OOC to me..
Maybe you're all thinking of something else. idk.
Also, someone clarify why the chapter, "The Sacking of Severus Snaped" was named so?
I was under the impression that to be sacked was to either be fired, or kicked painfully in the groin. o.o;
Snape jumped out a window, which is neither. D:
And does anyone know the page in the leak that says "Barry Crouch"?
Because I remember one "Barty", but I don't even rememeber if it referenced Crouch. o.o
And as a final note, may I add that Xenophilius is the best name EVER, especially for a Lovegood?
And in case someone didn't catch it, "xeno" is 'strange'/'stranger' in Latin. :P
My hat. Whoo.
That ND poster reaaally needs to come down. O.o;;
stfu. I was in seventh grade. :(
You couldn't see it very well, but it was made up of printed out pages of the epilogue leak.
ALBUS SEVERUS DOES NOT APPROVE. D:
It's in black-and-white because the colour came out fucked. My face was bright red and I didn't feel like spending ten minutes in Photoshop fixing it.
.. I bite hat. ph34r m3.
Final thoughts: Why the hell did I just do that.
That's what happens when you try to bite through tape.
Uhm. I like books..?
*russel crowe fan* o.o;